Marek,

Thanks for the added info in the LinkSys wrt54gl.     It just happened that I
had one of these
units not being used at home, and I noticed that the AC/DC power supply allowed
for direct
12V DC powering.  I cut off the brick and used the remaining cord to provide
the DC power. It
has been working fine for many months.

I just search on the open firmware feature you mention, and wow, I am impressed
at what
is available.

-
Paul E.