Just removed mine a few weeks ago. Actually I removed both my speed and my depth transducers. The speed transducer was bedded with some normal type of bedded and I had little trouble popping it out with some vigorous pounding with a 3 pound plastic deadblow hammer.

The depth transducer was apparently bedded with 3M 5200 and nothing would budge it even slightly. It was essentially welded in placed.

I finally gave up and used a 2 inch hole saw from outside and cut it out. The hole saw bottomed out before it was free, so I had to stop and hack out some of the transducer with a hammer and wood chisel before finishing up with the holesaw, which also left me with the 2 inch hole needed for the new transducer.

Needless to say, I bedded the new transducers with Lifeseal.

If your transducer is bedded with 5200, you will not be removing anything suitable for repair. Defender can sell you a replacement for around $100 or so. I went with a retractable model so I can pull it mid season for cleaning.

Bill Bina