On larger boats it is not as much of a problem because you have to head
into the wind anyway.
On my C&C 25 I can raise the main anywhere from beam reach on. So lazy
jacks create a inconvinience.
Now on a 25 you really don't need one, but I will install something to save
me the 3 minutes of packing the sail while floating. I almost exclusively
single-hand.
I will probably come up with some kind of lazy jacks that can be stoved
away at the mast.
Ahmet

Ahmet
*"S/V Waterdancer"* 1990 Irwin 43 CC