Hi all,
Happy new year!
My boat came with an old icon vhf that I believed was noon functioning from the
Surveyor.   It turned out that the antenna was not connected and it does in
fact work.
Well,  while I didn't know it was functioning,  I bought the SH with AIS from
fred but,  never installed it.  I realize the convenience of having a stronger
solution at the helm tab a handheld,  I've been wondering if it would be a good
idea to install the new SH in the cockpit.
The icom, although old,  is considered a nice unit.  I hate to throw it away
but,  I have this new SH I'm not sure What to do with and I like the AIS
function.
Any comments or insights?
Thanks, DannyMattapoisett,  ma

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device-------- Original message --------From:
"Dennis C. via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 1/8/2016  2:49 PM
(GMT-05:00) To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: "Dennis C."
<capt...@gmail.com> Subject: Re: Stus-List VHF / AIS
I'm guessing SH won't be long offering NMEA 2000 units.

Dennis C.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Gary Russell via CnC-List