This fall we moved the boom gooseneck up a foot on Anchovy. It just so happened
that her main luff was 18" short to begin with. I assume the PO bought the
wrong sail or some other snafu. I'm planning on installing a Garhauer rigid
vang this year and tearing off, with extreme prejudice, the wire topping lift.
I wish I had a nickel for every time the lift wrapped itself around the
backstay during a jibe and needed to be manually unfouled.  She is sans a vang
at present and the twist in the mains'l is impossible to get rid of with the
end boom sheeting.

Rick Bushie
Anchovy, 1971 30-1, Hull 1
Worton, MD