I think finding bronze NPS (straight) threaded ball valves is a difficult task.
For example, every single valve sold by Defender is NPT (taper).

From: Rick Brass via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 3:02 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Rick Brass
Subject: Re: Stus-List replacing cockpit drain thru hulls 30 MK1

Joe;

The bad news is I don’t believe that anyone makes the flush thru hulls used on
our classic C&Cs anymore. All the ones I have seen are a smaller OD than the
recesses in our hulls.

The good news is that you rarely need to replace a bronze thru hull. You just
need one of the thru hull step wrenches shown on page 118 of the Buck Algonquin
catalog and a strong helper to hold the step wrench on the outside of the boat
while you remove the old valve from the threads of the existing thru hull from
inside the hull. (you can also buy one at Lowes or Home Depot, but it is called
a plumber’s step wrench or something similar)

Both my boats came with brass gate valves on most of the thru hulls, instead of
proper seacocks. When I got my 25, back in 1994, I launched into replacing the
gate valves, starting with the cockpit scuppers. I screwed up both the thru
hulls because of my ignorance, and had a heck of a time finding a flush thru
hull to replace the ones I had to cut out of the hull.

I finally found a pair of thru hulls at a chandlery in NJ, across the river
from Philly – a place sort of like an OLD hardware store with lots of out of
date hardware in stock. (Don’t you love poking around in those sort of places?)
And the guy at the chandlery explained how you are supposed to get the old
valve off the thru hull without damaging the thru hull. Once I bought the
wrench, replacing all the valves was pretty straight forward.

BTW, the thru hulls should be bronze, not brass. And the seacocks should be
either bronze or Marlon. You don’t want to use brass if you are in salt or
brackish water. Thru hulls come with straight threads. So do proper seacocks.
Most of my thru hulls were clamped to the wood backing plates with a nut, so I
did not have to use seacocks with a flange on them. But I have learned that
ball valves intended for plumbing come with tapered threads, so I had to make
sure I ordered ball valves with straight threads that matched the threads on
the thru hull.

Rick Brass

Imzadi  C&C 38 mk 2

la Belle Aurore C&C 25 mk1