Josh,

I grabbed the Isotherm 3701 at Defender's annual sale.  Added costs were
~15-18 feet of 10/2 AWG duplex safety wire, a new 15 amp breaker,
miscellaneous connectors, fasteners, etc. probably pushed the cost to
$1450-1500 total.

I also added a new dedicated start battery and combined my 2 Group 29
batteries into a house bank.  That probably added another $175 for the
battery and cables.

The 3701 specs call for 0.65 ah avg and 6 amps max for a reasonably
insulated box up to 7 cu ft.  Off line discussion with Fred Street
indicated that 3 ah average max be more realistic (75 amps/day).  The
combined bank has a reserve of 420 minutes (at 25 amps).  That equates to
about 175 ah or about 2.5 days of refrigeration run time.

I cut a window into a bulkhead on the inboard side of the ice box and found
1 1/8 inch of sheet insulation.  I suspect C&C glued same around the 4
sides of the box.  No idea if the bottom is insulated.  I had added 3-4
inches of pour foam to the outboard side years ago.  I think Touche' box is
around 6-6.5 cu ft and a bit short of reasonably insulated.

I don't have any battery monitoring capability so I'll just have to learn
through use what the battery draw is.

Dennis

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:13 PM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Curious of the details.  Cost, A-Hr per day?
>
> Pictures are good too.
>
> Josh Muckley
> S/V Sea Hawk
> 1989 C&C 37+
> Solomons, MD
> On Apr 18, 2016 11:20 PM, "Dennis C. via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> I finished installing refrigeration (Isotherm 3701) on Touche' today.
> Cold beer!!!
>
> Took a bunch of pictures.  I can send link to any interested listers.
>
> Dennis C.
> Touche' 35-1 #83
> Mandeville, LA

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!