Listers-

My next project is to refinish and re-bed the teak hand rails on the cabin top
of my boat. Any tips on how to remove them? I believe there are screws covered
by bungs from the interior hand rails to the exterior hand rails aft of the
bulkhead separating the salon from the head. But how are the exterior handrails
fastened forward of that bulkhead? (the exterior hand rails extend farther
forward than the interior ones).

I need to remove them in order to re-bed them, as I've got a leak from the port
aft screw hole onto my ice box lid and galley countertop around it, causing
delamination of the plywood countertop at the ice box lid cutout.

My plan is to strip them (if necessary), sand them, and just oil them with teak
oil, following instructions from Don Casey. If you think a sealer or varnish
would be better, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.

Also, inspired by Dennis's pictures from Touche, I've posted a few pictures of
my boat at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NqAxQ6JxFTaUlpUkZJWGt5RVk . So
far the only projects I've done are cosmetic stuff on the hull exterior: lots
of topsides buffing and waxing, putting on my own transom decals, sanding and
repainting the boot stripe, and spot-sanding and re-coating the bottom with
VC-17 (plus adding a combination spare tire / carrier wheel to the trailer).

I'd like to thank you all again for making this list such an outstanding
resource. I'm very grateful to be able to communicate with you all. And special
shout-out to Stu Murray for making all this possible - I just ordered five
quantity of "Photo Album Support" from the C&C Photo Album Online Chandlery in
appreciation.

Cheers,
Randy

greatly appreciated!