Brian — you’re far more adventurous than I am… I stick to electron-based stuff
when I can…   :^)

Sorry, I don’t have any advice for you — but if I see our crack mechanic for
the area this weekend when up at the boat, I’ll ask him.  My worst transmission
experience came a few years back when I went in and adjusted the forward ear
detent before taking some friends and their kids out for a sail; the locking
bolt was still loose, and when I backed out of the slip, the bolt backed out
and the transmission basically unscrewed its innards and stuck in neutral.  So
I got to shut the engine down and steer/drift to the nearest dock, where we
disembarked our guests with apologies…   :^(

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

> On May 5, 2016, at 8:43 AM, Brian Davis via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> Just curious if anyone else has had trouble removing the transmission from
> their boat? My LF 38 has a Paragon Vdrive connected to a Yanmar 30hp.  The
> Vdrive came off without issue and I got the bolts completely out of the trans
> that go into the bell housing.  I've been told that it should "come right
> out", but I can even get it to budge.  It was newly installed 3 years ago by
> the PO and has been way inland in dry dock until a month ago.  So I wouldn't
> think its corroded that badly if at all...at least it doesn't look that way.
> Maybe they used a sealant...which I was told it doesn't need since it's a dry
> fit.  I've tried a mallet and piece of wood to smack the front and rear of
> it....nothing...smacked it pretty darn good too.  I like to think I'm a
> pretty strong and young guy...and I ate my biscuits n gravy 2 mornings in a
> row now....still nothing.  Any tips or tricks that anybody has used with
> success?
>
> Regards,
> Brian

greatly appreciated!