Nice work Ryan.

You may see that you are the only one to notice any imperfections, and over
time you’ll likely think of these as adding character.

I recently paint my topsides and decks using Brightside and Kiwigrip(non-skid).
 Funny that I started with a “much-too-expensive Purdy brush “ but in my case
found that cheap $1 Harbor Freight brushes worked out better.  Below is a link
to my experiences painting the deck.

http://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/2015/07/painting-deck.html

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C 38 Landfall
S/V Johanna Rose
Carrabelle, FL

http://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/

> On May 26, 2016, at 11:46 AM, cnc-list-requ...@cnc-list.com wrote:
>
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 11:46:02 -0400
> From: Ryan Doyle <ryanpdo...@gmail.com <mailto:ryanpdo...@gmail.com>>
> To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> Subject: Stus-List My Experience and Mistakes With Interlux
>       Brightside/Interlux Prekote
>
> Hey all,
>
> I've got the day off, so I wanted to post my experience as a first-time
> boat painter repainting the topsides of my 1976 C&C 30 with Interlux
> Brightside and Interlux Prekote.  I made some small, but dumb mistakes
> during this process.  I'm sure the experts will have a little laugh at my
> expense, but hopefully this post will save other first-time painters some
> grief.
>
> When I bought my boat back in October, I knew I was going to repaint her.
> The hull was robin's egg blue... which many people think is a beautiful
> color, but I don't.  The paint job was sloppy with lots of thick brush
> marks, and it had been worn off in a few places from rubbing of her lines
> and fenders.
>
> This was the state of her hull before:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8g8d5sXYVWGMGt4dHNRS0tZSXM
> <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8g8d5sXYVWGMGt4dHNRS0tZSXM>
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8g8d5sXYVWGRGJaVTFUa0FKcTA
> <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8g8d5sXYVWGRGJaVTFUa0FKcTA>
>
> I spent my mornings before work this winter rewiring the entire boat -
> crawling around in cockpit lockers and getting covered in 40-year-old boat
> grime.  So when the weather broke and it was finally time to paint, I was
> excited to work outside.
>
> I bought 8 cans of Steel Gray Interlux Brightside (A.K.A. Way Too Much...
> but more on that later) and 2 cans of Gray Interlux PreKote from

greatly appreciated!