My C&C 30 Mk I, possibly hull 19, had its halyards exit at the base of the
mast through a turning block. The halyard then led horizontally to a winch
on the box structure molded into the cabin top. All halyard loads were not
transferred vertically to the deck. My 1981 C&C 34 has numerous halyards
exiting the base of the mast and led to blocks on the collar which was
bolted to the deck. Blocks then turned the halyard to wherever the winch
was located. Before the tangs were used, I heard of at least 1 local C&C 35
of unknown Mark having reports of the deck lifting. The halyard loads were
transferred vertically to the collar which in turn caused the deck to
deform flexing upwards. The tang were devised to anchor the collar to the
mast to eliminate the upward flexing of the deck.

Ed
CYC 34 Briar Patch
New Orleans, La.

greatly appreciated!