Well, ya know, next thing some dangerous foreigner mounts a 10a shotgun on a
swivel on the foredeck and there ya have it, a frigate!Ya just can't be too
safe.RonWild CheriC&C 30-1STL

      From: S Thomas via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: S Thomas <sthom...@bellnet.ca>
 Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2016 12:35 PM
 Subject: Re: Stus-List Arrival by private boat in the US bya "visa exempt"
citizen

 #yiv4415944877 .yiv4415944877hmmessage P
{PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;MARGIN:0px;PADDING-LEFT:0px;PADDING-RIGHT:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;}#yiv4415944877
 BODY.yiv4415944877hmmessage {FONT-FAMILY:Calibri;FONT-SIZE:12pt;} The American
government is pretty extreme in its reporting requirements for visiting
pleasure boats, especially that part about having to report every movement of
the boat once in American waters. Can you imagine if they did that with cars? I
seriously doubt that there are very many Americans who know about these
requirements, let alone us dangerous foreigners with our 7 knot sailboats.  The
whole point in my getting a Nexus card was so that I would not normally have to
report physically at a controlled point of entry. The border control people
could insist on it at any time of course, but they normally don't. All of this
was carefully laid out by the Nexus / Homeland Security / Canadian Border
Services people when I got my card. If I understand the article correctly, this
has now changed? Steve.

greatly appreciated!