No the voltage drop doesn't seem too significant.

Yes your problems could be cause by low voltage.

The only problem with your troubleshooting is that you aren't reading the
supply voltage under load.  Most of your electronics should be good down to
about 10.7 or lower.  Under load you could be experiencing an even bigger
loss of voltage.

My GPS reports battery voltage and usually reads about a volt lower than
the actual battery voltage.  Sometimes when starting the engine it will
reset the gps because of the combined drop in voltage at the end of the
line.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD
On Jun 2, 2016 1:58 PM, "David Knecht via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> I have been having problems with my GPS (Zeus T8) and Autopilot (EV-100)
> since I installed them last year.  The T8 periodically starts activating
> the touch screen and beeping away like I am tapping away on it.  This
> correlates with nothing I have noticed.  Yesterday it did not do it under
> battery power during a race, but started when I started the engine.  I am
> 95% sure that it has happened without the engine running as well.  The
> Raymarine periodically freezes while in Autopilot mode.  This also happens
> with or without the engine.  A  B&G tech support guy I talked to thinks the
> problems are related in some way to the network (Seatalk NG/NMEA) or the
> power.  Yesterday, I detached the network cable from the B&G when it
> started beeping and continued to beep away.  So that leaves power.  Today,
> I checked the voltage being supplied to the T8.  The batteries had not been
> topped up since a race the day before and were reading about 12.5-12.6
> volts (AGM).  At the GPS power cable, I measured 12.2 (one battery)-12.3
> volts (both batteries).   Does that voltage drop make any sense and is that
> 0.3 volts potentially relevant to the problems?  Dave
>
> Dr. David Knecht
> Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology
> Core Microscopy Facility Director
> University of Connecticut
> 91 N. Eagleville Rd.
> Storrs, CT 06269
> 860-486-2200

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!