From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Means
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2016 5:15 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Andrew Means
Subject: Stus-List Bulkheads separated from cabin top (C&C 34)

Hey all -

Last week while S.V. Safari was bashing upwind offshore en route to Tofino BC I
noticed that the forward bulkheads were creaking. Upon closer inspection I
realized that they had separated entirely from the cabin top by moving inboard
about 1.5cm.

Here’s the port bulkhead: http://imgur.com/Meqa58I

And here’s the starboard: http://imgur.com/MIZHoiG

The ends of both bulkheads are prevented from moving farther inward by the
termination of the slots in the fiberglass ceiling that they’re nested in. You
can see in the photos that they were at one point glued in.

The bottoms of the bulkheads seem to be very well fiberglassed in to the hull,
and there’s no sign of breakage along the lower parts. The bulkheads that form
the forward walls of the hanging locker and bathroom are also separated too, by
what looks like the same amount.

Looking at previous photos it looks like they’ve been like this since before we
bought the boat. They’re not loose at all, they seem very well set in place.

Questions:

1. Is this a common problem?

2. How in the world would we fix this?

3. How critical is it to fix this immediately? Were we courting disaster to
push the boat hard offshore?

--
Andrew Means
S.V. Safari - 1977 C&C 34 Mk I