Thanks Bill.  I'm guessing that the regulator is up at top of the mast with
light?   Do I need to replace the whole assembly?

Thanks,

Mark McMenamy
C&C 25 "Icicle"
Fort Pierce FL

On Jun 29, 2016, at 8:02 AM, Bill Bina - gmail via CnC-List

That LED, regardless of brand, has a built in regulator circuit. That is true
even of LED replacement lamps put in the original incandescent fixture. It
sounds as if your regulator is defective. That the light is sometimes dim is
the giveaway. The regulator is designed (when working properly) to make up for
incoming voltage that is either lower or higher than required.

Bill Bina