From the description in the original post, it sounds as if this is a complete new LED assembly, and not just an LED substituted for an incandescent lamp in an old fixture. In these assemblies, there is no "socket" the LED's are soldered directly into the circuit board, and the assembly is permanently sealed.

Bill Bina

On 6/29/2016 7:02 PM, mike amirault via CnC-List wrote:
In all likelihood, it is the socket that the LED bulb is mounted on. Those cheap sockets are notorious for corrosion and no amount of regulation is going to prevent the LED from flickering. Go up the mast with a bit of sandpaper and some contact cleaner and I am willing to bet you will find your problem.
Don’t over think it.
Mike Amirault
C&C 33ii Lovely Cruise
SMSC  N.S.