A prop shaft company I dealt with advised me to use steel cup point grub screws
centered in a slight dimple on the shaft.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

Four years ago I put a new Universal M3-20B in our club launch, and new
shaft as well.  Drilled pretty deep holes in the shaft for the set
screws, tightened them and wired them in place.  After about two months
the shaft slipped out, with no apparent damage to the shaft. I think
what happened was the threads on the end of the screws compressed in the
holes allowing enough play to release the shaft. I then put the set
screws in a lathe and cut the bottom of the threads off, so it was just
a solid tip, and tapered the end.  It's held since then.

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly, 35-1
Glen Cove, NY

greatly appreciated!