Vashon Island WA
(206) 463-9200
www.sv-alera.com

At 07:33 PM 8/16/2016, you wrote:

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 02:32:10 +0000
From: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 37+ Anchor Roller Mount & Windlass

Ron,

Tom Buscaglia has a pretty nice install. IIRC he included a deck wash. I,
on the other hand do not wish to incur the added complications and cost of
an electric windlass. From high current to solenoids to water ingress. So
my solution is a manual windlass. They are kinda hard to find. That is at
least one that would fit under the locker cover. A muir shows up on ebay
from time to time and I found a Sampson? They work with typical winch
handles. ~$500 for the muir and ~$200 for the sampson. I'd consider parting
with my sampson and trading up to the muir if I had a buyer.

I have found that the hardest part of pulling the anchor by hand is
breaking it loose from the bottom. A chain break or even a chain grabber is
a great help for holding the ground tackle while you use the boat or a trip
line to unseat a well set anchor.

I can provide more details and links if desired.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD