For years I had a problem where the starting circuit wouldn't always make
contact.  You could tell because the low oil pressure alarm wouldn't come
on.  I had thought I'd narrowed it down to the harness at the engine since
I could wiggle it to get the engine started.  It finally got bad enough
that I really had to figure it out.

I had made a plan to replace the multi-pin connector in the harness at the
engine.  I started poking around and found a fuse holder buried under
intake manifold in the valley between the starter and engine block.  It was
designed to be held together with zip-fies but evidently one of the POs
decided that electrical tape was sufficient.  I reassembled it properly and
have not had a problem since.  I've seen others on this list site this fuse
holder as the source of their starting problems as well.

Josh Muck ley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD
On Aug 23, 2016 7:09 AM, "John and Maryann Read via CnC-List" <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Our 3GM is exhibiting periodic hard start symptoms of just a click of the
> solenoid when you push the starter button and on the third try starts just
> fine.  Sometimes starts just fine on first try.  Applies to only one of our
> two batteries.  We recall a thread on this subject a while ago but do not
> recall the solutions.  Can you point me to the thread??
>

> John and Maryann
>
> Legacy III
>
> 1982 C&C 34
>
> Noank, CT

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!