> -Halyard at masthead.  On the 33-2 there are three halyards available, all
> are in-masthead sheaves, parallel to each other .   I currently use the
> centre one for the Genoa, and any other halyard chafes its neighbour on one
> tack.
> -Tack downhaul.   There isn't one forward of the furler drum.  The downhaul
> itself can be rigged using the spin-pole downhaul line, fair leads and
> cleats, but the fixed, forward tack is a problem to be resolved.
> Many thanks for any guidance!
> Dave - Windstar 33-2

If the spinnaker halyard horizontal angle to the head ends up going
significantly sideways
there is a risk it may not run cleanly. You could try a hoist, run a bit hot
then take a picture
of it to see if it is chafing. In addition to rubbing along the mast head the
halyard may also
rub on the edge of the sheave.

If chaffing looks to be a problem:

http://www.murrayyachtsales.com/5-tips-to-reduce-spinnaker-halyard-chafing/

Some boats that are rated with fractional hoist spinnakers still use a sheave
at the mast head
and the spinnaker fairlead at the fractional height. Note that with a full
hoist genoa and a
fractional spinnaker hoist ( or likely using your existing halyards ) you
cannot do an outside
gybe. If your tackpoint is in front of the forestay you cannot do an inside
gybe easily.

On the C&C 30-1 there is a bowplate bolted to the bow chain plate with two
bolts. I made
up a SS fixture that projects a ring a few inches forward and bolts to the
existing bow parts
with the two ( upgraded in size ) bolts. It has worked well for years.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

greatly appreciated!