      From: RANDY via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: RANDY <randy.staff...@comcast.net>
 Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:28 AM
 Subject: Stus-List C&C Polars Again

Listers-
Just wanted to share a site I saw with polars for a few different C&C models:
http://jieter.github.io/orc-data/site/
If you look at the list of boats in the left-hand column (or search for "C&C"
on the page), you'll see the following models:* C&C 30 (this is the new
one-design version, I can tell from the boat speeds downwind - it planes :)*
C&C 30E (this is the European edition of the C&C 30, apparently built & sold
1977-1982)* C&C 37* C&C 38* C&C 110* C&C 115Just click on one of those boats
and you'll see its polar diagram and polar table.
I realize that polars are very boat-specific and sail-specific, but at least
here are some data points.  For example the other week I took a couple hundred
pounds of stuff off my boat, emptied the tanks, and cleaned the bottom, and I
think it made a difference in light air.  But my sails are old and tired, so I
know my boat's polars will change again when I get new sails and a folding prop.
For us software developers on the list, it almost looks like this guy
@Jietermanis might have github-hosted software to create polar diagrams from
user-supplied polar table CSVs.  I've tweeted him for more information.
Last night I got my SailTimer Wind Instrument installed at the masthead, so
when I go out tomorrow afternoon the SailTimer App will be able to learn one
polar curve for my boat, assuming I'm optimally trimmed on all points of sail.
The wind is now forecast to be blowing 15 gusting 20, so hopefully I can get
polar data with the same sails I race under (full main and 155 genoa, no
spinnaker).  If the wind gets much stronger I might have to reduce sail, so the
polar data wouldn't be representative of my normal racing configuration.
Best Regards,Randy StaffordS/V GrenadineC&C 30-1 #7Ken Caryl, CO

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!