I have an EV-100, P70 and a B&G Zeus chart plotter all on a Seatalk ng network
and they talk to each other.  I have had problems with the autopilot freezing
periodically, but that mystery (unsolved) seems not related to the interface of
the two.  No voodoo allowed when working on my boat.  Quiet cursing and bloody
fingers usually gets the job done.   Dave

Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

> On Sep 21, 2016, at 4:59 PM, G Collins via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Bob
>
> That is not my experience, I've got a similar system, but an EV 200 pilot.
> My systems are bridged by daisy-chaining one Triton display to a i70 display,
> the i70 is then daisy-chained to the p70, which connects to the Seatalk II
> backbone.  Works perfectly (knock on wood).  I must have done the voodoo
> incantations properly.
>
> I would suspect it is a more robust system the way you have done it.
> Graham Collins
> Secret Plans
> C&C 35-III #11
>
> On 2016-09-21 9:01 AM, Bob Hickson via CnC-List wrote:
>> I recently bought a Raymarine EVO 100 autopilot to add to my existing B&G
>> Triton speed, depth, wind instruments. The EVO autohelm integrated with no
>> issues ... it displays wind speed and direction and it will sail to an
>> apparent wind angle (even triggers the alarm if there is a wind shift). I
>> spent hours with both B&G and Raymarine tech support over the connection
>> issue. The Raymarine and B&G "nema 2000" backbone cables must be connected
>> "end to end". To achieve this you must cut one end off the Raymarine
>> backbone cable and install a Maretron connector ($20) that will plug into
>> the B&G backbone cable. The connector is a bit fiddly with tiny setscrews
>> but it works perfectly and the 2 systems talk to each other.
>>

>> Bob Hickson, P. ENG.,
>> Sent from Samsung Mobile

>> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
>> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
>> are greatly appreciated!

> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!