From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Jim Watts
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 12:45
To: 1 CnC List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Jim Watts <paradigmat...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Choosing an anchor for a C&C 35 mkll

A friend has done extensive anchor testing, if you don't watch any of his other
videos, watch this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59f-OjWoq0. He picked
the Spade as the best design for himself, partly because the roll bar anchors
didn't work well on his setup.
I use a 35-lb Delta with 100' of 1/4" HT chain and 300' of 1/2" nylon, the
whole setup works well for me. I installed a Lewmar V700 windlass in the anchor
locker to make life easier and it has worked just fine.
http://members.shaw.ca/ptarmiganshift/images/IMG_0743.jpg.
I was carrying a 22-lb Lewmar Claw for backup, then another friend sold me a
33-lb genuine Bruce which is my new backup. The design and construction details
are vastly different on the Lewmar claw, the edges are blunt, the curvatures
are very different, and the whole anchor is crudely made compared to the Bruce.
Steve (the Panope anchor guy) found that knockoff anchors are frequently
useless. He couldn't get a Bruce copy to set, same results with a Danforth
copy. I almost feel guilty selling the Claw knowing it is not a great anchor.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III
Victoria, BC