Listers-

I've come to the conclusion that Grenadine's hull is painted the same color as
her original gelcoat (red). It appears a coat of grey primer was painted over
the original gelcoat, then a layer of red paint was applied. I have no idea
what kind of paint was used (is there a way to tell?) or when the boat was
painted. What I do know is it's probably time to repaint. She oxidized pretty
badly over the course of the summer, even though I buffed her three times with
a 3M marine product, and waxed her with carnuba, before splashing her in the
spring. She looked pretty good and shiny back then, but the summer sun took its
toll.

So anyway, my question is, what wisdom might you listers have to impart, about
the proper way to paint over a painted hull? Grenadine is on the hard for five
months now, and I'm not afraid of hard work.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine