In my '78 C&C 36 I am seeing a couple spots where salt water is weeping in
through the hull near the bilge area, appearing from seemingly nowhere as
if from a spring. One point is about 3' back from the mast and 18" to the
side. The other is closer to the keel but they both are on the edges of
hull stringers.

I've had a few people look at it and I've gotten everything from an
estimate to rebed the keel (though the bolts seem fine and I had the boat
out in May), to cutting apart the fiberglass to locate where the water is
running from, to don't worry about it.

Has anyone had this happen before? How big of a deal is it? The amount of
water is minimal but I believe they were coring the hulls. Does anyone know
the exact cross sectional thickness of the fiberglass? Were just the sides
of the boat cored or did they do the entire hull? How did that work where
the keel meets? Is it possible that a through-hull is leaking and water is
running up to several feet along the core and popping up somewhere random
where it has found a weak spot in the fiberglass?

--
*Jacob Fuerst*
*    303-520-4669*