Belated HNY, Listers,

I am having the standing rigging [rod] on my '91 30-2 re-done [hopefully,
re-headed].

Now that the mast is down, I am looking to replacement of all the wiring and
running rigging.

Regarding the VHF cabling, I am "hearing" that "LMR-400" is superior to other
alternatives.

So, I checked Amazon and, of course, found "LMR-400", but there appear to be
several varieties to choose from.

Or, perhaps, it's simply different terminal fittings on the same cable.  I
can't tell.

In any event, I would appreciate any feedback on which cabling to use.  I need
about 44 ft.

And also, any thoughts on installation "best practices".  It would seem I'll
need to cut one end in order to get it up the mast.  Does this make sense?

I would prefer NOT to have to cut and re-solder, but that seems to be
unavoidable.

Also, should I replace the interior cabling -- from the mast to the radio -- as
well?

And finally, any thoughts on the best antenna to use?

Thanks!!!!

Pete W.

Siren Song

C&C 30-2