Hello, Tom, and welcome to the list!  My first boat was a 1981 30mkI, hull
#677; wow, a 12” plotter is going to be huge on that boat!  I’ve got a 7” on my
Landfall 38…   :^)

Your existing instruments probably are Signet; but they can’t be networked with
the eS Series, which requires NMEA2000 or SeaTalkNG to get the data in from
instruments.  In order to have data both on gauges and the eS, you’d need to
replace your instruments with networkable ones.  In the Raymarine world, this
would most likely be the i70 Series for color LCD gauges; or the i50/i60 Series
for the more traditional mechanical gauges.  The i50/i60 are basically locked
into displaying one type of data; on the i70, you can display speed, depth and
wind data simultaneously on one or more displays, as well as the data being
made available to the eS.

If it were up to me on my boat, I’d fill in the holes for the Signets, and put
in one of the i70 Sailpack systems that comes with a combo depth/speed/temp
transducer and a masthead wind transducer.  Put the i70 in the bulkhead where
one of the Signets used to be, and run the network to the plotter.

Since you’re new to the list, let me mention that in a former life, I was an
NMEA/ABYC-certified marine electrician and electronics guy.  I’ve kept my
vendor relationships, and can purchase equipment for C&C-listers at very
reasonable prices, as well as offer design assistance.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis