Stu,
Can the following be posted on the CnC List?

Mast, Turnbuckles and Spreader for C&C 33-1
Hi Everyone,
Having my mast down this season for rigging check and LED lights and wiring
replacement the rod seems to be original as well as the turnbuckles and I
have been advised to replace and not just re-head. While this is under
consideration awaiting estimate, the spreaders come in to question. Showing
a bit of looseness and shake (that might have been somewhat lessened by
tightening the holding screws) when removed showed some bending and slight
malformation of the spreader housing where it attaches to the mast fitting.
What is questionable is there is a noticeable angle (10 degrees or so) at
the edge of both  spreaders where they attach to the mast fitting that
would give the spreaders an upward bias.
My question: is this angle along the length of the spreader supposed to be
there or is the spreader supposed to be straight? If it is supposed to be
straight is reforming ok to do or do they need replacement?
Thanks much. Any help is appreciated, ,
Tom Oryniak
*Carry On* C&C 33-1
Raritan Bay NJ