Tom.
I'm no rigger but I too have a C&C 33-1. Also, ours is not the original mast so
things are different and I do suggest you discuss this issue with a
professional rigger. I believe the spreader should be angled up as you see on
yours. The trick is to direct the load evenly from the shroud so there is no
tendency for the spreader tip to move up or down or for it to buckle under
load, and there is a lot of load. The reason the end needs to angled up is
because the angle of the shroud above the spreader is smaller than that below
the spreader.
Dave.
SLY C&C 33-1

Sent from my iPad