   From: Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>; Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com>
Cc: Bruce Whitmore <bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net>
 Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:29 AM
 Subject: Stus-List Replacement handles for Lewmar D2 clutches

Hello all,
We have managed to now break 2 (!) of the clutch handles on our Lewmar D2
clutches.  Interestingly, 2 or 3 of the clutch handles are aluminum, and seem
pretty robust.  The others are fiberglass, and those are the ones that after
many years, if they are open and someone inadvertently steps on them, they
break and cannot seem to be repaired.
And, of course, I've checked with Lewmar and they no longer make replacement
handles.

I hate the idea of replacing 12 or 13 clutches, and yet I really like the way
that the Lewmar clutches grab line.

If I can find a machine shop that will make the handles for a reasonable price,
would anyone here need any?

Bruce Whitmore

(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net