Cut the broken pin stop car off. Remove the other one. Throw both away.

Call Garhauer for a pair of mine adjust able cars. You’ll be glad you did.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Dennis C.
via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2017 1:28 PM
To: CnClist <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Intriguing challenge

Was replacing end stops on the jib track this week and noticed a knurled knob
on the deck.  It was the pull knob for the jib slide.  See pic:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_sb5TfIENvsWm0yY3FCT0x3TjA

Note knob in shadow and the top of the pull pin on the slide.  It is a spring
pin slide.

I have found a replacement slide but now need to remove the broken one.  This
is the challenge.

Option 1:  Tie line to slide, take to winch and tension to "bind" pin in hole
in T-track.  Drill and tap pin and insert machine screw to lift pin in order to
slide it off.

Option 2:  Cut slide lengthwise, separate and remove.  I have Dremel, RotoZip
and side grinder.  Side grinder and RotoZip would be great but they have a way
of getting away from me.  I don't need a bunch of gouges in the deck.  Might
take a lot of cutting wheels with the Dremel but higher comfort level with
control of tool.

Option 3:  Remove the T-track.  Plug all the holes on one end, drill hole from
back side to push pin up and slide off.  Probably would have to drill a couple
holes.  This is by far least desirable option.

Option 4:  Drill/grind metal from top of slide to expose pin, remove spring and
try to remove pin with needle nose pliers, hemostat, magnet?, etc.

Option 5:  Remove T-track, dumpster it and the slide.  Install new track.
Seems dumb.

Options 1 and 4 seem best.  Probably won't do this job for several weeks since
I don't expect to use the slide anytime soon.  Will advise how it went.

Ahhhh, the joy of boat ownership.  :)

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83

Mandeville, LA