From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Donald
Sebastian via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2017 2:54 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Donald Sebastian <donaldsebast...@me.com>
Subject: Stus-List centerboard cable broken

Hello all,

I have a C&C 33 with a drop keel.  Today as I was going to drop the keel, from
its normal 4 1/2 ft to 7 ft, the line was slack.  After diving underneath, the
keel is down but it is hard to tell what exactly is going on.    My assumption
is 2 things:  Either the cable broke, or the pin that the cable attaches to has
broken.

I have a few questions:

1.  Can this be repaired while in the water with a diver?  Not a great option
to pull locally without demasting.
2.  If I can’t repair immediately, would I cause damage to the keel by sailing
as is for a bit?   I didn’t know if there was a stop keeping the keel from
droppiing too far?
3.   If it is the attachment where the cable connects to the centerboard, does
any one have specs on that connection or pictures?

Thanks,

Donald

Louisville, KY