At rest, my backstay tension is around 1,000 lbs.....more when the split backstay is pulled down.

The babystay is approx. 500 lbs.

My rig has been tensioned this way each year since I got the boat in 2006.

Trusting this is helpful.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2017-06-12 10:02 PM, Hugh Briggs via CnC-List wrote:
Hello I am the proud new owner of a 1981 C&C 32 and am trying to set up the
standing rigging. I have the use of a  Loos Gauge and would like to know what the
tension should be set at. I initially set it at 15 and went sailing. The rig has
lost a few points and now reads at about 13. Are there tables for the outer and
inner shrouds?
Thanks in advance.

Hugh Briggs
C&C 32