From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Dennis C.
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2017 12:07 PM
To: CnClist
Cc: Dennis C.
Subject: Stus-List Fuel filter funnel search

Touche' came with a decent fuel funnel with fine screen in the bottom.  I think
it's an old EZ-John funnel.  Used it for years but it is very slow.  Not fun
holding a 5 gallon diesel can for 10 minutes while the fuel drains so slow.

I bought one of the Mr. Funnel F3 fuel funnels.  While it passes the diesel
much quicker, you're left with a couple ounces of diesel in the funnel.  The
design is such that any water would be left in this small residual.

It's a pain to deal with that couple ounces left in the funnel's sump.  I
usually carefully remove the funnel, put the old funnel in the fill fitting and
pour it in there.  Now I'm left with two wet funnels.

I've searched the Internet for a fuel filter funnel that doesn't have the water
trapping sump design.  I see Mr. Funnel, Racor and others but they all have the
water trapping sump.

I'm about to mix up a batch of epoxy and fill the sump up to the bottom of the
filter screen but that seems like an aggressive solution.  I have a Racor 500
to trap water so I'm not overly concerned about removing water.

Any slick ideas out there?

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83

Mandeville, LA