Josh,

I'll second the recommendation of the 182C, I had almost the same, a 192C, until last summer when it suddenly died. I really liked having it on the aft deck house bulkhead were skipper and crew can see and use it. I've replaced it with a Garmin echoMap 54dv, which is pretty much an updated version, however, they've made the text size of the numbers showing speed, course, etc, so small that it's impossible to see from the helm. (No, it's not just my aging eyes....). Only by connecting the data from the GPS to my Tacktick dual display am I able to read the data from the helm. Not sure what Garmin was thinking, as I don't see any way to reformat the display text.

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly, 35-1
Glen Cove, NY