From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Chris Hobson
via CnC-List
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2017 21:29
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Chris Hobson <ch...@hobsonbuildsco.com>
Subject: Stus-List GPS, Chart Plodders and Technology when there is none

We’re in Vancouver BC, Georgia Straight can get foggy, tides come and go and
we’re new at this. We have no GPS on our new to us 1981 C&C 30 and very little
in the way of navigation other than dead reckoning, basic familiarity with the
area and a compass at the helm. It’s fun because it’s like we just purchased a
1981 C&C and technology isn’t around yet. However every sail is a guessing game
and I’d like to hear what others use for costal navigation. Whether it’s real
tangible maps, a GPS system you swear by or an iPad with some software curious
to hear what other C&C owners use to get find their way.

Chris Hobson
S/V Going
1980 C&C MKI
Hull 615