Lewmar does make a trim kit that covers all the nuts on the inside of the
boat.  That is how C&C was installing all their hatches by the late 1980's
and into the 1990's.

367660252
Size 60 Hatch Trimkit White
$183.03

Scroll down a bit on this page:

http://www.lewmar.com/node/14879?v=27105

Ken H.

On 26 September 2017 at 18:17, Dave Godwin via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> So I’m crowd-sourcing this question that I have. Always good ideas and
> experiences here.
>
> I purchased a Lewmar Ocean Hatch 60 (shout-out to Fred Street) last year
> and am now getting ready to install it as a replacement for the
> Atkins-Hoyle hatch that I buggered up removing it prior to painting the
> decks. The original hatch used what are I believe (threw away all the
> originals like a dope…) #14 stainless steel sheet metal screws screwed into
> the deck. No through-bolting. Twenty of those and butyl. Worked pretty well
> for 30-plus years
>
> The new Lewmar specifies through-bolting the frame, using #12 machine
> screws and nuts. Let’s just say that I am really reluctant to run bolts
> through my overhead and having to stare at them when lying and looking
> upwards in the v-berth.
>
> So, what have those who have replaced their original hatches done?
>
> Best,
> Dave Godwin
> 1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
> Reedville - Chesapeake Bay
> Ronin’s Overdue Refit <http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/>

> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month.  Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running.  Use PayPal to send contribution
--   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!