There is a shower pump in the head so I pour some PA into the sump, turn on the pump until I see PA exiting the outlet.

I use regular concentrated antifreeze in my engine and what it does not need, I pour it into the head with the remaining PA and pump the head until there is antifreeze exiting the thru hull.

Because of the angle my boat sits on its cradle and the side of the fresh water tank where the water exits, there is approx. 1 quart of PA in the far end of the tank which will sit all winter if I don't remove it, which I do with a small hand pump.

My boat came from Racine, Wisconsin and this is how the original owner winterized the fresh water system so I did the same. Been doing this for 12 winters now with no issues and do not have to disassemble any of the plumbing system.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2017-10-09 3:58 PM, Tom Lynch via CnC-List wrote:
What's the best practice for Winterizing the fresh water system?

My system:

40 gallon tank estimated
Water heater
Pressurized water pump
2 fixtures hot / cold from the pump
1 fixture in the galley from a foot pump.

My boat is on Lake Superior northern WI. And no I cannot sail it to warmer climate for the winter.

Tom Lynch
S/V IndoIrish
C&C 33 MKII
Bayfield WI - Lake Superior

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month.  Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running.  Use PayPal to send contribution
--   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!