The wheels on Peregrine ran on the bronze plate under the donut bushing you're
showing. Over the years they had worn a slight dip in the plate, so I installed
the bushing by propping up the rudder from beneath and removing the wheels and
the bolt that holds them. All were in good condition on my boat, but I bet if
you remove the wheels on yours, you can get the wheels turning again. Sometimes
the stainless bushing on mine would turn a little, but a could see no harm in
it.

Andy
Formerly of
C&C 40