Did the mast support on Touche' about 15 years ago.  I cleaned out all the
old plywood, made a cardboard form leaving a space underneath for drainage
from forward and laid in a LOT of layers of glass/epoxy.  Not as elegant as
some but effective.  Millennia from now some archaeologist is going to
wonder what some weird shaped solid block of plastic was for.

The most important thing is to have a really good idea of the height of the
finished support.  Measure everything against a convenient reference
point.  If your existing support has subsided, you'll need to estimate by
how much.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA