 Subject: Re: Stus-List Halyard knots (was: Masthead sheaves C&C 37+)
 To: "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 Cc: "Marek Dziedzic" <dziedzi...@hotmail.com>
 Date: Friday, February 2, 2018, 6:33 AM

 Can’t speak for the confined space rescuers, but the
 climbers switched from the bowline to the figure eight,
 mainly, because the bowline CAN untie by itself under
 certain situations.

 Generally, the bowline is frowned upon in the life
 safety situations.

 However, when I was learning to climb (a very long time
 ago), I was told that the bowline requires a second knot ( a
 hitch) after it. It was there to prevent it from
 unraveling.

 Marek