From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 23:03
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Josh Muckley
Subject: Re: Stus-List Masthead sheaves C&C 37+

I didn't spend much time comparing resources and references so take it for what
it's worth but the website below did some tests and found the bowline reduced
strength by ~60% where as the double fish knot broke at ~75%.  I'm not sure
exactly what a double fish knot is compared to any of the other knots.
Interestingly I was always taught that climers and confined space rescuer use a
figue eight (reweave or on a bite) instead of a bowline because of its retained
strength.  It's a interesting read at least.

http://caves.org/section/vertical/nh/50/knotrope-hold.html<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcaves.org%2Fsection%2Fvertical%2Fnh%2F50%2Fknotrope-hold.html&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce36fa7d22f1542bbcc8908d569f1dcfa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636531409872933113&sdata=CUchrX9XL9Kgs7Mi7kc3hEGJHAsZoSE4MVfcx7dCT30%3D&reserved=0>

Josh

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018, 10:49 PM Rick Brass via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>