I had a pretty good test of that in the past year.  Last offseason I replaced
Grenadine’s exterior cabintop teak handrails with new ones fabricated by my
buddy Jerrod Milton.  I finished the new ones (and the teak piece under the
traveler) with five coats of Cetol Marine Natural Teak followed by three coats
Cetol Marine Clear.

Then Jerrod made a set of custom teak drink holders for the boat, installed at
both ends of the cockpit and inboard of the dorade boxes.  He insisted on
finishing those with teak oil.

After basically one year in the elements, the handrails and traveler piece look
brand new, just like they did when I got done refinishing them.  But the drink
holders are weathered as hell.  I’m refinishing them now with Cetol.

Cheers,
Randy