As a follow-up, I just looked on the Blue Sea system website, and the switch
configurations have changed (at least in appearance).  The closest thing I saw
to what I had was an 8080 switch.  Not sure how helpful my experience is for
your situation.

From: DON JONSSON via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2018 12:40 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: DON JONSSON
Subject: Stus-List Blue Sea Add A Battery Kit

Hello

Last year when we installed a new engine we had the local mechanic do two
things.  Align the engine and do the wiring.  This is question about the wiring
for people who have the same Blue Sea kit.

To manage the batteries we are using the Blue Sea Dual Circuit Plus 5511e
switch and the 7610 ACR.  Although we already had the ACR these two combined
are what Blue Sea call the Add A Battery Kit.  Both of these are connected
correctly but the behaviour seems wrong to us.  When we set the 5511e to 'Off"
it turns only one of the batteries off.  In our case it leaves the house
battery connected through the switch and disconnects the starter battery.
Using and ohm meter with the batteries disconnected we have found that in the
'Off' position only one side of the switch is closed and the other open.  So it
is the switch doing this, not some bad wiring going to the house.  This seems
like a faulty switch to us.

Here is the catch.  We contacted the company that sold us the switch and
installed it, Gartside, and they said that is the way it is supposed to work.
It should only turn off the starter battery.  I have looked at all the Blue Sea
material and this seems wrong to me, according to the literature, but it never
specifically says what is done in the 'off' position, but it certainly seems to
imply that both sides should be turned on and off simultaneously.  It also has
a combined mode, but that is a separate thing.

Does anyone else have this setup and how does yours work.

Thanks
Don
Andante, C&C 34
Victoria, BC