I plan to install a Ram swing mount to the inside of the bulkhead adjacent to
the companionway on my C&C 25.  This will allow me to see my Garmin while I'm
sailing but stow it out of the way when the hatch boards are in place.  Having
removed and reinstalled an old instrument from the bulkhead, I know there is an
uneven gap of about 3/4" between the cabin liner that forms the forward face of
the bulkhead and the deck liner that forms the aft face of the bulkhead.  I
want the base of the mount to be fairly secure so I'll probably secure it with
screws through both the cabin and deck liner.  Should I just drill the holes
for the screws overrsized and fill with thickened epoxy similar to installing
deck hardware?  Can you do that with a vertical surface as opposed to a
horizontal surface?  Any suggestions (or alternatives)?

Mark
C&C 25 Williwaw