I installed indirect lighting under the cabinets and trim in the form of self
adhesive led strips
<https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/flexible-led-strip-lights/filter/LED_Color,White,136,4627:Water_Resistance,Weatherproof_%28IP65_and_above%29,135,4566:>
that are inexpensive and look sexy.  You can also purchase remote control /
dimmers
<https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/controllers/single-color-led-controller-with-dynamic-modes-rf-remote/1370/3140/>
that require no routing of wires.

Gary