Thanks for the input Rick.
Today I added a double block at the bottom of the 2:1 and a single block at
the top on a second boom bale.  I'm not sure if that effectively makes it
4:1, 3:1 or not, but the  main was much easier to trim as we sailed today
in about 10-12 kts of breeze.  As suggested by both you and Josh, I added a
snap shackle at the traveler so I can move the boom to the rail when at the
mooring with guests...
I totally spaced out taking some pics today as I as testing the new
arrangement.  Will try to get some for more input.

Best,
Chuck

*Chuck Borge*
*508-642-3557*