Hello Maurice,
I don't know your particular boat, but in order to draw water from the full
tank. You need to turn off the empty tank, otherwise you will only suck air.
You may have to experiment or track down the piping to figure it out.  That
said, is there any chance there might be a crack in a fitting letting in air?
It might be higher than the tank, thus not showing a leak.
Just a thought,
Bruce Whitmore

-------- Original message --------From: Maurice Poulin via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 7/9/18  9:05 AM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: mp...@aol.com Subject: Stus-List Water tanks pressure
pump
Hello,

As new owners of our C&C 30 mkii, we were out for a first weekend and had a
ball.  Very comfortable and loads of fun on the water was our overall
appraisal!  But we did run into a bit of a snag and I turn to the board for
assistance hopefully.

The boat has two tanks and we ran out of water on the forward tank pretty much
on our last evening so switched over to the second tank but never could get the
pump to prime and draw water from the second tank and charge up the lines.
Checked all connections and no leaks, plenty of water in the settee tank,
checked strainer on the pump all okay. Both tank connect to this distribution
gizmo with assorted ball valves that connects to the pump and from there to the
galley and head.  As the boat is new to me, I suspect I may not be working this
gizmo thing correctly, not opening up the correct valves or maybe closing them
while thinking I am opening them. I see on the valve handles that one side is
pointed while the other side is round, possibly indicating on and off? Anyways,
confusion and the fear of running down the batteries to troubleshoot stopped me
from tearing this thing apart! I figured I would ask questions before doing
exploratory work at the dock!  What should I be doing appropriately to switch
from tanks or can you run both tanks together, or not?

Alternately, the pump seemed to be not priming but I thought it was a self
priming pump perhaps I am mistaken in that, so how do you prime a pump would be
an alternate question?

Thank you all from this newbie that had a hand pump at the galley previously!

Cheers,

Maurice Poulin
C&C 30 MKII, Monoloy

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray