Hi John,

I had the same symptoms on mine, at first I just made sure my batteries
were on "All" at least at the beginning of the weekend and that bought me a
couple years..

Then I replaced the button switch as there's no relay and it takes the
brunt of the current.  That bought me another year.

It came back last year I just called Mastry Yanmar in Florida (
http://www.mastry.com/) and for a couple hundred bucks I bought a rebuilt
starter that has twice the warranty of the Yanmar OEM.

I should have gotten it years ago.  It spins faster, uses less juice, is
great and it was an easy 45-50 minutes swap.

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA