C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

Watching videos, reading, etc is all good, however, you have to do it to get your confidence

On 2018-08-02 3:16 PM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List wrote:

If you have the mid-ship cleat in the right place, the forward pressure by the motor would make the boat to cling to the finger. It is a question of positioning the cleat in the right place. With the toe rail that is standard on most of the C&C, this is not an issue, because you can move the attachment point, almost as you wish (I don’t have the toe rail with holes in it on my boat, so this does not work so well).

Probably the best is to experiment. If the cleat is too far aft, you risk that the bow would swing out; if it is too far forward, you risk that the stern would not want to stay by the finger.

Marek

1994 C270 “Legato”

Ottawa, ON